Jacky, Madi, Michael, and Lancing

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week of May 22

May 22
What can I say... Last night was a great-time. Thank you to everyone that came out.  I had the pleasure of seeing some people I haven't seen in quite some time.  That was a real special treat.  There were disco balls, a portable dance pole,  oh, and I can't forget to say "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" and we'll just leave it right.there ;-)
As for my kick ass wife and "It Ain't Chemo" founder and kick a$$ friend, Kevin Hoyt, they surprised me with a birthday gift I will NEVER forget.
A Little back story...  Woke up yesterday morning and Jax insisted that I take HER cell phone with me. So, I took it to the gym and even brought it on the mat (left it in the corner).  She said I HAD to keep the phone with me at all times. So, I did the best I could.  All the hub-bub about the phone, but nothing was happening.  Jump a head to later in the night.  The party was definitely jumpin, and I had completely forgotten about "the phone".  Jax finds me and says the phone call is for me.  Well, finally something is about to happen with this thing!  I answer the phone and on the other end is a kind and soft-spoken voice.  The voice says, "Hi Mike, it's Randy Couture..." I immediately turn to Jax and shout to her, "IS THIS FOR REAL?"   Thinking I'm possibly getting punk'd, or something.  She nods her head and says, yes it is for real.  Now reality has this very weird effect, and spins very quickly around, and then snaps right back into place, and I AM ON THE PHONE WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA!  OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I tell him what an honor it is to be on the phone with him.  He wished me a very happy and special birthday.  He then tells me that he had seen the "True Warrior" sizzle and is aware of the fight that we are faced with (cancer for those new to it).  He graciously extends an open invitation to train at Extreme Couture.  I thanked him for the call and he, again, wishes me another great night and a happy birthday and we say goodbye with the mutual understanding that we will meet, face to face.  SHABANG!

 Jax and Kev, thank you so much!  I really can't formulate the words to say how much that meant to me...  You guys are amazing and are loved deeply.

You know, now that I think of it... That will make quite a team.  Captain America AND Superman!

May 23
Gettin it in order for my trip to The Mitten on Wednesday. Locking in plans to record some amazing music with Jimmy Scott, John Connors, Gregory Liceraga and Erik Hanson. Off to the gym I go and then we'll see what happens after that. Have a great day and I LOVE you all and it's great to be ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Word of the Day is "PASSION". ♥

May 24
one week from today! BE THERE!

Location: Roosevelt Beach Picnic Shelter, Yankee Springs State Park, Middleville, MI
Time: ‎1:00PM Monday, May 30th
Welcome to another epic day! Summer is in the air and I'm ready for it! Take a minute and check in... let me know what's going on.

Phrase of the Day is "CORE STRENGTH". ♥

May 25
GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!! Love rolling out of bed on the right side! Getting my bags packed cause I'm headed to The Mitten to hopefully execute a well planned "Bucket List" check. Thanks to my AWESOME wife Jacqueline Meijer-Kreple, my mom Pat Stauffer Kreple and sisters, Sheri Logsdon and Bobbie Blackford for making this all happen! Phrase of the Day is "GOD IS GREAT!" ♥

May 26
First leg...... Done! — at Cleveland-Hopkins International Airport. Hello Cleveland! Wow - Can the seats on those planes could get any smaller! It's beautiful and raining in Cleveland, Ohio. It's 7:31 a.m. local time... ♥ Made it safely...


 — with Pat Stauffer Kreple, Sheri Logsdon and Bobbie Blackford at GRR Gerald R Ford Intl Airport Grand Rapids, MI.
May 27
Together again... Momz and Popz. The greatest ever!



Gorgeous here!

Things are just different here... ;)

"When i heard that sound,I wasn't sure what it was. It's been five years since anyone played my cowbell."-John Connors (Gregory Liceraga Jimmy Scott Erik Hanson)

May 28
And we're off... to the race track that is. Gonna drive Dad's sprint car today... Totally B.A. Extra special thanks to Rick Storer for the hook up at Endurance Fitness. Also, Erik Hanson, John Connors, Jimmy Scott, Sonja Ring Scott and Gregory Liceraga... THANKS a million! Last night's jam was epic! Word of the Day is "DIRT."

ARG! Front straightaway of the track is underwater from rains the night before.

Living in the "lemonade out of lemons" mind set, the wet track allowed some very special time with our extended and newly-found family.

No comments:

Post a Comment